Thursday, February 18, 2010

Chapter 7 Continues

Since my previous post, I have been creating, from whole cloth, a new Chapter 7. The events leading up to this momentous event are as follows: When I started this revision way back in the distant past, I found that I needed to combine what had been Chapters 1 & 2. This meant that Chapter 3 became Chapter 2 and so forth along the line.

That is until I reached Chapter 7.

The new Chapter 6 (which was the old Chapter 7) included the mention of a character that I had not been aware of before then. It seemed reasonable that Drayton would speak with her. In order to do that, a new Chapter 7 would be necessary.

I've been working on this new chapter over the last month or so with some success. It's growing like a weed. Now, I might find that it will need to be taken apart and put back together again once the dust settles, but things are going along nicely thus far.

In a related turn of events, I've decided that it's time for me to maintain this blog a bit more steadily. The progress of this manuscript matters--to me, if not to anyone else--and the record should be noted.

No comments: