Monday, October 16, 2006

Catching Up

It has been much too long since I've kept up with this blog, and so I intend to remedy that with occassional updates starting with this one.

I am now working on Chapter 9 and have written over 18,000 words. The current chapter, in which Drayton gets taken out to dinner by Alan Worth, has not appeared in any previous version of the Drayton story, except by inference. This was previously something that happened offstage, like Medea poinoning her children or Oedipus performing do-it-yourself lasik surgery.

However, it seemed like a good idea to bring it out into the open and to find out just what did happen at dinner that evening. We'll see how it works out.

Also, I realized that there was another scene never previously considered that I ought to add to this version: I never had anybody going to Briarbrook's funeral, even though there must have been one. I'm going to let this one percolate for a couple of chapters before trying to work it in.

that's all for now, but I promise to be a better corresponent in these matters from here on out.

No comments: