Sunday, October 22, 2006

Good Intentions

The dreaded NaNoWriMo month, November, is fast arriving. The point of this activity is supposedly to encourage writers to complete a full-length manuscript in 30 days. Well, this will be my third NaNoWriMo while working on Drayton. I think it's been worth the effort.

So, I won't be trying to write a novel from start-to-finish this year, however, I will try to participate in my own crummy little way.

It is my intention to try to work on the manuscript every day for all 30 days of the month of November. I'm not going to try to finish it in that time or anything like that. I'm just going to try to add a little to it every day. In fact, I'd be happy if I could finish a decent draft of Chapter 9 by then.

Anyway, I'm going to try to get a running start by beginning the streak either later today or sometime tomorrow. I will try to post updates, however brief, here as I do. I'll get my word count up-to-date and post that as I go along. Who knows, maybe I'll even do something mildly nifty with a bar graph. I mean, you know how rowdy those bar graphs can be.

Let the countdown begin.

No comments: